FIRST lesson free, just simply contact 07961840441
Book Below using the students information & Current Belts
WHITE, RED & BLUE Belts 18:00 - 18:30
PURPLE /Stripe, PURPLE & YELLOW Belts 18:30 - 19:00
ORANGE, GREEN /Stripe, GREEN & BROWN /Stripe 19:00 - 19:30
If you are new to coming to the club type in UB3 2LY in the postcode.
Parking will be down past the ambulance station next to the church.
This is free parking here, please ensure you park here to avoid any inconvenience to the residents surrounding the hall.
In order for you to participate within the following gradings from green w/stripe belt and above. You are required to attend and participate in the sparring at the U.K.S.K.O Tournament during November every year prior to your grading and at least one other event throughout the year.
Please see below the full list.
Usually the first Sunday every year. 08:00 - 11:00
One day during half term at our Honbo in Twickenham
Normally 4 day course, the week of good Friday. This is a chance for you to train with some of the senior Dan grades wIthin the organisation. this is your chance to show and demonstrate to the senior grades what you have learnt with the option to complete a grading at the end.
5 day course, this is your chance to show and demonstrate to the senior grades what you have learnt with the option to complete a grading at the end.
Green w/stripes and above you are require to complete this every year in order to carry on with your gradings.
Gradings generally take place every 3 months for 10th to 5th Kyu grades. A student will be eligible to grade when they have gained the required number of training lessons. It is natural that the Chief Instructor will advise for or against a grading if the individual is not ready. A grading must not be rushed and equally it must be taken to show progress and to give the student a sense of achievement. For Dan grades permission must be sought from the Chief Instructor. Dan grades are required to attend courses prior to the grading, and will be asked to demonstrate elements of sparring (Kumite), basic techniques (Kihon), and body tests.
A student may receive a 'Provisional' grade, which means that they are not quite up to the required standard. They can however wear the full grade belt and train on the same syllabus, but in the next grading the student will need to retry for the full grade, and may be considered for further promotion to the following grade if they have the necessary hours of training between those grades, or they have achieved the required standard.
Things to remember:
1. In order to grade you must have completed the minimum training requirements and be confident that you know the technical requirements in the syllabus. If you are in doubt about your ability to grade please ask your Sensei or Sempai.
2. You must hold a valid UKSKO licence which you will need to take along to your grading. You will not be allowed to grade without one. Speak to your club instructor for more details
3. Please turn up for the grading at least 30 minutes before to give you enough time to warm up.
4. All students grading should be wearing an Association Gi (suit) with the association calligraphy on the chest area. To purchase a Gi please ask your Sensei or Sempai.
5. Your Gi should be clean and neatly pressed.
6. Girls/Women should where a (white) T-shirt under your Gi and boys should be bare chested.
7. All jewellery should be removed or taped over.
8. If you are attempting a grade of 5th Kyu or above you will need your kumite equipment consisting of Head Guard, Hand Protectors (mits) and Shin and Instep Pads. Boys/Men should wear a Groin Guard and Girls/Women may want to wear a Chest Guard. To purchase a Gi please ask your Sensei or Sempai.
9. All candidates will be notified of their grading result by your Sensei or Sempai. This is usually within 1-2 weeks.
Please note the belt listed refers to your existing grade. You must hold a current UKSKO licence in order to grade. You will be covered by the Insurance should an accident occur during practice. Those students who have blue licence books should bring them to the grading. The licence ensures your grades will be nationally and internationally recognised.
For 10th Kyu's (white belts) and 5th Kyu's (yellow belt) gradings will be held at the training Dojo of one of our Sister Clubs (see map below) on FRIDAY's between 20:00 - 21:00, there will be a lesson prior to the grading between 19:00 -20:00 at the same dojo to brush up on your techniques and the prices for this lesson are
£6.00 child (5-15)
£7.00 adults (16+)
Student that has put the required hours and has shown they can demonstrate all the basic knowledge (kihon) will be given a letter a couple of weeks before with all the details of times, prices etc..
For 5th Kyu's and above gradings will be held at the associations general club grading. Each student that has put the required hours and has shown they can demonstrate all the basic knowledge (kihon) will be given a letter a couple of weeks before with all the details of times, prices etc..
Hampton Sports and Fitness Centre, Hampton High School, Hanworth Road, Hampton, TW12 3HB
The Club instructor will hand out letters 2 weeks prior to the grading to inform all parents and guardians of prices and times for each grade.
Sunday : 13:30 - 17:30